Go Back   Frame Rate Issues > PC Gaming and Tech > PC Discussions

Old 05-05-09, 07:48 PM   #1
dillingerdan
SEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Americas Army Champion!
Send a message via Yahoo to dillingerdan
Default Popcorn Hour

https://www.ripcaster.co.uk/node/329

Thought I'd post this for those internet/torrenters who don't want to hook up their PC to their TVs, here is a notable solution (there are others, like the Western Digital WDTV, which are also highly praised)but I have just seen a great review in Home Cinema Choice of this which shows it to be a superb little thing.

Essentially it's a little PC (nothing you could play games on, plus it's Linux based), in a box, that can sit close to the TV. It has a wireless dongle option (wired otherwise) to stream files from a PC, but the best thing is it can download over torrent (maybe other sources, not sure), and play them off it's HDD (you can buy it with one, or fit your own). It apparently plays almost any file type there is, massive list in the specs of the review (which I will post pics up of in a bit when I find the camera).

Got a few output options HDMI, Component and S-video and composite for non HDTVs. Just look at the site. A good little investment I'd say, relativelty inexpensive (not cheap either, but about HDD recorder money, and this is probably better overall).
dillingerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-09, 09:09 PM   #2
Chris
HYPE ACTIVE GOBLIN HEHEHE

Good stuff, though im quite happy with using the xbox atm as i only really download divx. Sayign that if your downloading stuff like subtitled films or hd then seems like a good investment. Personally i'd rather just hook a pc up to the tv though if i was that bothered
Old 08-05-09, 06:19 PM   #3
dillingerdan
SEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Americas Army Champion!
Send a message via Yahoo to dillingerdan

As promised.

dillingerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-09, 07:17 PM   #4
Luke

Very nice, but for that price I'd rather build a low-mid spec HTPC.

Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-09, 08:35 PM   #5
Leafy
I can has recon?

Send a message via ICQ to Leafy Send a message via AIM to Leafy Send a message via MSN to Leafy Send a message via Yahoo to Leafy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Very nice, but for that price I'd rather build a low-mid spec HTPC.
This, but I suppose half of it is the convience of it I guess.
It's small, neat, compact.
Don't think I'd invest, I can just as easily use my TV as my monitor or stream it =\
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote