Go Back   Frame Rate Issues > PC Gaming and Tech > PC Discussions

Old 25-03-09, 09:20 AM   #1
Beasty
oodle doodle

Send a message via MSN to Beasty
Default Annoying display thingy.

So I built a pc a bit over a year ago now, and it's been fine, my OS got buttfecked once but that's it.

The only problem I have had since the first time it restarted during the windows installation is that display doesn't come back, it will just stay powered on with a blank screen. Then if I turn it off and then on the graphics card fan stays on 100% and I don't get any display. If I wait a while before turning it on, all is fine, the fan slows down, I get display, it boots up and off I go.

Have been meaning to ask for ages, since I built it really, but I just put up with it, any ideas?
Beasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-09, 09:24 AM   #2
dillingerdan
SEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Americas Army Champion!
Send a message via Yahoo to dillingerdan

No idea TBH. Could be the power supply, and is most likely. Or the GPU being too hot or soemthing. Most likely one of the two, I'd say PSU since it sounds like it's too hot to supply the wake up on the line.
dillingerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-09, 04:49 PM   #3
Vado
Awesome!

Send a message via MSN to Vado Send a message via Skype™ to Vado

I had a vaguely similar problem. When i was re-installing vista, it automatically enable my extended monitor (which is my tv and had been turned off at the time), but instead of having my monitor as primary, it was set to secondary and so the tv was displaying the information while the monitor jus display a blank screen while saying it was turned on.

So, if you have another monitor or tv connected or anything, make sure it's plugged in properly or turned on

Steam ID - Malevado // PSN ID - Malevado
Vado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-09, 08:17 AM   #4
Beasty
oodle doodle

Send a message via MSN to Beasty

Finally spent a while trying to find out what hardware is causing it the other day and it was the first thing I tried - memory.

If I use two sticks in the PC then the problem occurs, taking out one stick makes it go away. It doesn't matter which of the sticks I use on its own, they work perfectly fine independantly. Have tried not running them in dual channel too.

So motherboard, memory or something else at fault? Probably going to buy some more memory soon anyway so maybe I'll find out
Beasty is offline   Reply With Quote