Go Back   Frame Rate Issues > Announcements and Suggestions > Suggestions

Old 19-04-09, 09:24 PM   #31
D-503

I've never seen that video before. Hahahaha it's fantastic.
Old 19-04-09, 09:24 PM   #32
Solid Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halbarad View Post
No real reason. Just that they were put on pages before the blog thing was put in so they wouldn't be on the blog. It'll change, dont worry. I just need people who think they can actually contribute without making the place look retarded (if anybody looks at the main page).

Bobs : Good thinking really. I dunno, i'm just trying to make FRI (or GV if you still wanna call it that) bigger than it is now. Would just be a nice touch and breathe some air into the place.

Snake : I was uncomfortable. I was reading from a script but trying to make it sound spontaneous. Not easy for my third time in front of a camera (first being the shitfest i first uploaded, 2nd being a failed improvement to the intro. Third being that).

I've just got my proverbial plate full at the moment. Making this clan thing, finding a better job, working and other stuff all have to be sorted out meaning the changes i make to the FRI main page are all bunched at once and nobody is giving me idea's so i just throw random shit on.
Aye you seemed it. You shouldnt feel nervous, you seem well spoken and most know your a smart bad man, so it should just flow when its in your head. Instead of writing a massive script, try bullet points, just jog you if you have forgotten any shit
Old 19-04-09, 09:49 PM   #33
bobs99
Uh-oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halbarad View Post
No real reason. Just that they were put on pages before the blog thing was put in so they wouldn't be on the blog. It'll change, dont worry. I just need people who think they can actually contribute without making the place look retarded (if anybody looks at the main page).

Bobs : Good thinking really. I dunno, i'm just trying to make FRI (or GV if you still wanna call it that) bigger than it is now. Would just be a nice touch and breathe some air into the place.

Snake : I was uncomfortable. I was reading from a script but trying to make it sound spontaneous. Not easy for my third time in front of a camera (first being the shitfest i first uploaded, 2nd being a failed improvement to the intro. Third being that).

I've just got my proverbial plate full at the moment. Making this clan thing, finding a better job, working and other stuff all have to be sorted out meaning the changes i make to the FRI main page are all bunched at once and nobody is giving me idea's so i just throw random shit on.

To be fair you did a good job on the video, especially now that you said it was scripted, you did a good job of making it seem spontaneus!

but i think ultimatly the video will just put people off lol - theres not much incentive to join the place given what you said in the video

and fair enough at trying to make it bigger than it is, personally i would focus on trying to promote the forum as much as possible and using the site as a shell just to attract people and direct them straight to the forum. I think the main site should make it clear the forums where everythings at, that way random stragglers that come from a google search know to look at the forums rather than at the main site itself (which unless its done well would put people off)

Honestly, this place can never compete with the bigger sites in terms of reviews or cheats or even a entertaining blog, so i think its best just to make it clear to people not to judge the place on the site and that they should give the forums a try.

so yeah direct people straight to the forums in my opinion

http://bobs99.mybrute.com/ - i could do with the pupil's, and a challenge
bobs99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-09, 10:01 PM   #34
Electric Boogaloo

Send a message via MSN to Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs99 View Post
Honestly, this place can never compete with the bigger sites in terms of reviews or cheats or even a entertaining blog, so i think its best just to make it clear to people not to judge the place on the site and that they should give the forums a try.
Blogs are usually just random people talking about specific things, anyone here could easily compete with the best of them - although I don't think you can ever really look at blogs like that.
Electric Boogaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-09, 10:02 PM   #35
Shad0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs99 View Post
To be fair you did a good job on the video, especially now that you said it was scripted, you did a good job of making it seem spontaneus!

but i think ultimatly the video will just put people off lol - theres not much incentive to join the place given what you said in the video

and fair enough at trying to make it bigger than it is, personally i would focus on trying to promote the forum as much as possible and using the site as a shell just to attract people and direct them straight to the forum. I think the main site should make it clear the forums where everythings at, that way random stragglers that come from a google search know to look at the forums rather than at the main site itself (which unless its done well would put people off)

so yeah direct people straight to the forums in my opinion

Spot on really. The site's never going to have something worth visiting on its own, it's always going to be about the forums really. And with the homepage as it stands, it's like "here's some strange reviews" and you have to check the navi bar to even notice there's a forum which should be the main thing the site is promoting.
Shad0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-09, 10:11 PM   #36
Simondo
Cheers

Hal out of interest do you know how many hits the main site gets per week?

I don't understand how people will get here without knowing about it in the first place. I'm not sure someone will search 'I am having Frame Rate Issues', come across this forum and think 'wow this place is just what I need'. If you Google 'gaming forums' this place won't be high on the list and faces too much competition. And even if by some miracle we got someone here who nobody knows, they will stay for 10 minutes, post once and then never return because they don't fit in.

I think we should just keep the site for our own use, something we can play with in our spare time etc.

Look at that! A car full of muff.
Simondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-09, 10:12 PM   #37
IronMaiden

Was GV really 6 years ago?
IronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-09, 10:25 PM   #38
KORNdog
Banned

i just watched that vid of hal..the guy doesnt look like he's slept in, oh, i dunno, the last 10 years...lol. his eyes almost put uncle fester to shame.

KORNdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-09, 10:40 PM   #39
Halbarad
F�hrer

Arse Race Champion! Base Jumping Champion! Breakout Champion! Population Tire Champion! SD-Pong Champion! Adam & Eva Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KORNdog View Post
i just watched that vid of hal..the guy doesnt look like he's slept in, oh, i dunno, the last 10 years...lol. his eyes almost put uncle fester to shame.
That's me!

Too much gaming, drinking and... you know the rest

In all seriousness, yeah, i know the site doesn't have much of a chance of competing unless we get something special to it. It's just something for me to do in the few hours of spare time that i have when i put off sleep.

Xbox Live : Halbarad Loire
Halbarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-09, 08:44 AM   #40
Chris
HYPE ACTIVE GOBLIN HEHEHE

Bobs talks the truth, change it to be based around the forum. Maybe have it so the homepage is three direct link buttons, one for the forum, one for the main website, one for shadows turbo death metal page
Old 20-04-09, 09:19 AM   #41
Solid Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Bobs talks the truth, change it to be based around the forum. Maybe have it so the homepage is three direct link buttons, one for the forum, one for the main website, one for shadows turbo death metal page
Hahahaha

I loved that page, anyone got a link?
Old 20-04-09, 09:49 AM   #42
Halbarad
F�hrer

Arse Race Champion! Base Jumping Champion! Breakout Champion! Population Tire Champion! SD-Pong Champion! Adam & Eva Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
This is the best option. I'm actually self teaching myself more Flash in an attempt to be able to make something good for the front page
I'd obviously prefer it if someone who's strong at flash would do it so I dont have to, but it's something i gotta learn completly sometime.

Could always do a temp one in html though.

Snake : http://shad0w.framerateissues.com/

Old 20-04-09, 10:05 AM   #43
Solid Snake

Hahaha love it! Whats the music?
Old 20-04-09, 10:12 AM   #44
Halbarad
F�hrer

Damned if i know Have to ask Shad

Old 20-04-09, 12:39 PM   #45
Electric Boogaloo

Send a message via MSN to Electric Boogaloo

Sounds like Dragonforce
Electric Boogaloo is offline   Reply With Quote